Tuesday 19 June 2012

Back to the Dukan!





It is almost coming up to a year since I started the Dukan Diet and I can whole heartedly say it was the best thing I have ever done HOWEVER I have not been very good at sticking to it! I would say that I stopped eating Oatbran on a regular basis back in October last year and my pure protein days have not always occurred!

I have pretty much been eating what I like whenever I like so I guess you are expecting me to say that I have put on a stone or something but actually that is not the case.

My target weight was 8st 2lbs. When I started the diet I was 8st 12lbs. I got down to 7st 12lbs and I would say that I maintained this weight until about 2 months ago. I then seemed to always be about 8st however today I almost died when I went on the scales and was 8st 3lbs!! Now I know this may not sound a lot but it is a huge jump to me and I’ll be dammed if I let that continue…after all I have just sold a load of my old clothes on ebay and I cannot afford to replace my new ones!

I know that the last few weeks have been particularly bad, what with all the jubilee celebrations etc and we have had a few birthdays but I am 100% not going to let my weight slide again!

So on my way to work I stopped and brought a low fat yogurt which I had with some oat bran and I intend to start eating this again everyday as this really is the thing that keeps your metabolism going.

Tonight I am going to go and stock up on all things Dukan too. My plan is to do two days attack to kick start my body and then, from there see how I go.  I found that I really enjoyed my tuna sandwiches so I am certainly going to be having them all week. I think that is why I have put on the weight, I now work in London and there are always so many yummy places to eat!

Anyway please wish me luck and I would love to hear how you are all getting on!

2 comments:

  1. I was really glad to see your blog as I rarely see people around this weight using the dukan diet. I started at 8 st 9 lbs and want to get down to 7 St 10 lbs but now I'm at 8 Sy 2 lbs I'm finding weight loss really slow and almost feel it is impossible for me to get below the 8 St mark. I exercise 4 times a week with intense cardio sessions and I feel as though I'm barely eating much at all. Can you suggest anything that might help?

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. pity you stopped posting - found your blog brilliant

    ReplyDelete