Friday 12 August 2011

Day 1 - Attack

So today was my first day of the Dukan Diet and it has been stressful!

I started the morning with fat free vanilla yogurt and 1 1/2 tbl spoons of oatbran. I am going to be honest here....it was not great however it was not inedible! I think my problem is i normally have coco pops.....mmmmm coco pops, sorry just had a lapse of thinking how good coco pops would be right now! Anyway back to the day!

At about 10am i felt peckish so nipped to Sainsburys and after looking at the hot and spicy chicken, bbq chicken etc i realised the the only chicken i could have was the chargrilled chicken. I got a 100g packet and took it back to my desk at work and ate it all. It was weird to just eat plain chicken but it was ok.

My next dilemma was lunch! I had it in my head that i could go to the deli counter at Sainsburys and get some hot chicken thighs however when i got back to my desk, myself and the rest of the office concluded that it was covered in oil and even without the skin i was unsure that i could eat it. Luckily for me one of the girls took the chicken off my hands and it was back to Sainsburys for another packet of chargrilled chicken. By this point i was BORED of plain chicken and was seriously fretting about what i was going to eat for the next 28 days!

I found a website called mydukendiet.com created by @dukanchef which had loads of great recipes and a little more user friendly then the actual Ducan site. There I saw a recipe called Creamy Garlic Chicken. I love garlic so for me this was a god send. I have brought all the ingredients, if you want to try it just leave out the soy sauce and use fat free yogurt if you cannot find the Nestle creamy yogurt. I am making it for dinner tomorrow night so i will let you know what it is like!

On the Dukan website i also found a recipe for 1 minute Cocoa Tahitian Flan and seeing as i am only on the attack phase for 2 days i thought i would get the ingredients so i can make it tomorrow night and have it ready for Sunday, again i shall let you know what it is like!

I have drunk my 1 1/2 litres of water as well as a snack size bottle of diet coke. I must admit i was confused by what i could drink and when but i think this is ok!

I have felt a bit down today but i think it is just because it is not easy to just 'grab' something to eat and to be honest i was not prepared enough. I am having an omelette with the processed ham that you are allowed.....may even have 2 seeing as they are not that big and i have raspberry sugar free jelly for dessert.

I weighed myself when i got in and had put on a 1lb but after may a frantic tweet i have found it is best to weigh yourself in the morning.

I have done my report for the Dukan site and said i was missing chocolate.....oh well my boyfriend has brought me some strawberry and lime sugar free gum so hopefully that will help with the sugar craving.

All in all i give this day a 4/10 but tomorrow is another day and have my garlic chicken to look forward to!

L x


No comments:

Post a Comment