Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 4 - Cruise PP


Day 4 - Cruise PP

Well after my first day of vegetables I was very worried about getting onto the scales.....however I shouldn't have been! I lost another 1lb so I am no down to 8st 5lbs. I must say though I don't think that I look like I have lost 6lbs but never mind!

I set off for work with loads of stuff in my bag, tuna with Dukan Mayo, Dukan Bread, Skimmed Milk, Cocoa Powder, Sweetener, Oat Bran and Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt! When I walked into the office the first question I got was......so are you still doing the diet? This question may give you an idea of how very little people, myself included thought I would stick to this however when I told them I had lost 6lbs in total and had made my own bread they were very impressed.

I had been looking forward to the Chocolate Oatbran porridge so I was very annoyed with myself when I clearly put too much milk in the bowl and had more of a runny hot chocolate but never mind it was still the chocolate fix I needed!

I was very much looking forward to lunchtime when I could tuck into my tuna and Dukan Mayo on Dukan Bread. The sandwiches did not disappoint and made me feel normal eating a sandwich at lunchtime!

I decided the best thing to, to take away some of the stress of eating was to plan all my meals for the week ahead, find out what ingredients I needed and then hit Waitrose!

To give you an idea my shopping list consisted of the following:

1 pint of Skimmed Milk
Reclosable bags - to freeze my chicken breasts!
Broccoli
2 x Pack of 4 chicken breasts, they were on offer, two packs for £8
Dried Garlic Granules
5 Spice Powder
Fine Mixed Herbs
Paprika
2 tins of tuna
Fat Free Fromage Frais
Know reduced fat chicken stock
1 lemon
1 pack of mushrooms
Powdered skimmed milk.

Total: 29.03

This should pretty much see me through until Monday. I already had Oatbran, Wheatbran, Sweetener, Low Fat cocoa powder, Dijon Mustard, Extra light Philadelphia, fat free natural yogurt and jelly.

I was pleased with my shop and glad that I don't have to worry about getting different ingredients everyday however it would appear there is a downside to the diet......irritability. I managed to have 2 rows with my boyfriend last night (we have since come to a truce 50/50 spilt for the blame!) but I would like to publicly like to apologise to him for my short temper in the weeks to come! Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway........once the rows were out of the way I got on with my baking! I made a new batch of Dukan Bread as I had wheat germ in my last batch which apparently you are not allowed to use! My bread certainly came out better the last time and I really cannot stress how quick and easy it is to make!

I then moved onto making the Quick n'easy Chocolate Drop Cookies.......what a disaster! I followed the recipes to the letter folding in the egg whites, which if you ask me is something you do for meringues, and the finished product was a meringue style blob with random bits of oatban and cocoa lumps in it! They were so bad that I threw them away before remembering to take a photo! I am going to try again tomorrow night but instead of separating the eggs I am going to put it all into one bowl to make it more like a biscuit mixture, I shall report how I get on!

For tea I had a ham omelette so nothing too fancy but to be honest after all that food shopping and banking I was pretty knackered and didn't sit down until 9pm! I whacked my slendertone on for 30 minutes which is like doing 100 abdominal crunches and seeing as we are only supposed to do 12 I thought that was pretty good going......oh and I was eating a jelly at the same time!

Just before I went to bed I stupidly thought....ooh I’ll weigh myself....big mistake! I had put on 3lbs and I started to panic that all my weight was going to come back. After a few frantic tweets and some kind and reassuring words from other tweeters I calmed down, went to bed and prayed for a good weigh in the next day!

I would give this day a 6/10.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment